Save your responses in a WORD doc, run it through spell check, 250-350 words approximately. Focus on YOUR thoughts and ideas that came to mind when you were reading, the possibilities are endless! Plus, be sure to always end your messages with your first name and last initial.

What is everyone writing about?

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Lives of Others

I thought this was a brilliant movie. I usually don’t like foreign movies with English subtitles and I wasn’t too open minded when watching this film. Afterwards I felt it really stood out to me. The movie gave me a better vision of what East Germany was really like before the Berlin Wall was torn down. Saying the movie did not put into exaggeration the amount of surveillance and repression the Stasi had made. It showed what German citizens that had certain gifts like acting or poetry had to go through being under the total surveillance. Some, like the main characters in the movie, did not even know the actions they were doing were putting their freedoms at risk. But we’ll never know how bad this repression was because most filed records were by the Stasi. Who knows how much they could of not put into record. But overall I thought it was a great movie. I recommend using it for other future classes.

-Garret Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment